The Department of East Asian Studies provides students the opportunity to develop a deeper understanding of the languages, cultures, and societies of the region. The department’s course offerings engage the diversity of East Asian cultures, from contemporary film and politics to ancient philosophy, and they critically examine the structures that define the area and render it an object of study. We offer Chinese, Japanese, and Korean from beginning to advanced levels, and a full range of courses on East Asian literature, history, thought, religion, and society. In a time of globalization, a degree in East Asian Studies can be an excellent springboard from which to launch a career in fields where bilingualism, critical analytical skills, and in-depth knowledge of the socio-historical and cultural contexts of East Asian texts and ideas are essential. Our major and specialist programs thus build the foundation for careers in teaching and research, international business and law, foreign service, and cultural institutions.
NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS
- phát sóng trực tiếp bdEAS Department Undergoing Renovations during Summer and Fall, 2018
- Tour the East Asian Library
- The 17th “Chinese Bridge” Chinese Proficiency Competition: U of T Preliminary Finalists
- CIE Information Session: Akita International University
- U of T hosting the American Association of Teachers of Korean Annual Conference in June